[OSGeo-Discuss] Re: [Live-demo] critical tomcat bug holding back release of osgeo-live - please help

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Sun Aug 28 05:48:50 EDT 2011

Jody, projects on osgeo-live,

We have been fighting 2 last minute, critical issues on OSGeo-Live, and
have ~ 24 hours to check fixes. (till Monday morning, 29 Aug, US time)
So yes, we would appreciate all projects download the latest ISO and
check to see if your application works ok.

The 2 critical issues are:
===============

1. Running our of RAM. It seems that our previous recommendation of 512
Meg of RAM is insufficient for some apps (particularly the java apps).
We've increased recommendation to 768 Meg.

2. The ISO building process sometimes changes the +x execution bit of
some scripts. This results in some applications not starting from the
ISO version. We don't fully understand this problem, but have been madly
applying fixes.

How to help:
========
1. Talk to us at irc://freenode.net#osgeolive and ask if your
application is known to work or not.

2. Download the latest mini ISO and test your application from:
http://live.osgeo.org/dev/build/ , tell us if you have tested your
application on IRC, so someone don't waist time re-testing.

3. Report any errors you find on both IRC and issue tracker:
https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/query?status=new&status=assigned&status=reopened&component=LiveDVD&keywords=~5.0&order=priority

--
Cameron Shorter
Geospatial Director