[OSGeo-Discuss] Do we want OSGeo-Live on a USB or DVD at FOSS4G?

Noli Sicad nsicad at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 17:40:42 PDT 2011

You can get 4Gb USB for $5 now retail in Australia.

http://www.staticice.com.au/cgi-bin/search.cgi?q=4GB%20USB

You can probably get it free, if you contact  some of the leading
brands (Lexar, Sandisk, Verbatim, etc.) of memory USB stick and ask
them if they sponsored usb stick 4Gb for FOSS4G Denver. Tell let that
OSGeo Logo in one and other side their logo. Tell them how many you
want (number of persons you expecting to attend), not just speakers.

In the Google I/0 Android, Samsung gave all the participate White
Samsung Android Tablet, Sony gave the Sony Android device to all the
participants of Gaming Development session.

I did similar thing in the past, getting Coke to sponsor  university
dormitory marathon fun run for runners. 8 cases of coke bottles were
request. We don't got a replied, 2 days before the run, so I went to
the head office to follow the request. I got a calling card from the
Sales Manager in the area to give to dormitory canteen to borrow 8
cases of Coke for run. The canteen manager told me that Coke delivered
already the 8 cases for the run. We ended of 16 cases of Coke. We did
not consume all the coke in that event. We informed the dorm residents
to get the free until it last.

Noli