[OSGeo-Discuss] GML Java parsing

Francesco Cutruzzula' francesco at cutruzzula.it
Fri Dec 9 18:15:58 EST 2011

Hello Cameron. First of all, thanks for the attention. My
project is just started and is in a sort of "embrional"
state, but the hypothesis to be useful for the OS community
is very interesting for me.
For now, supported inputs are:
    * LineString
    * MultiLineString
    * MultiPoint
    * MultiPolygon
    * Point
    * Polygon
    * MultiSurface (in an experimental way: the only child
object handled is Polygon).
The input is handled both for 2D and 3D positions, and the
caller can choose if the input must be considered in as X,
Y, Z (if present) order, or Y, X, Z (if present) order.
My intention is to add as soon as possible the support for
the other GML 3 input types. From Java side, i have to make
a choice, and i'm not yet sure about the best choice: to
continue using a GML schema compiled with Xmlbeans (using
its validation possibilities), or doing the "dirty work"
parsing the DOM using Java core XML apis (painful but with
more control) and having the GML XSD as reference.
I hope to not disturb if i will keep you informed.
I'm sorry for my bad english, it is not my mother language.
Best regards.