[OSGeo-Discuss] The city of Kristiansand seeks Location-based Open Data solutions for information and services

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon Dec 19 13:19:57 PST 2011

Folks,

I received this message which I thought might be of broader interest.
If someone is interested in leaving an effort perhaps you could reply
here to coordinate with anyone else who is interested.

"""
Dear Sir/Madam,

I have found your company/organisation while looking for the most
innovative solutions to participate in the Living Labs Global Award
2012, which we are organising in cooperation with 20 international
cities in May 2012. Your products or services may present an
interesting solution to one of the categories of the awards and I
would like to invite you to submit a showcase before 17th February.

Kristiansand (Norway), one of the partner cities of the 2012 edition,
is seeking solutions to enhance the use of Geo-spatial and
Location-based Open Data for information and city services, and to
exploit new technologies to publish GIS data to city employees and the
public through different channels, combining data sources to improve
analysis, planning and participation in the city's services.

Companies/Organisations participating in the Living Labs Global Awards
present their solutions directly to a leading group of world cities
and win an opportunity to enter a new market through a pilot with full
support from the city. In addition, participants receive a
professional and documented evaluation of their product or service by
the cities and prestigious international visibility and recognition.
In 2012, twenty global cities are participating in the award with the
aim of helping over 100 million citizens in the Americas, Africa, Asia
and Europe.

How to submit:

Entries can be submitted in about 10 minutes, for free through our
website until 17th February 2012. International juries will evaluate
the entries and provide a shortlist of the top 100 showcases on 5th
March. Winners will be announced at the award ceremony on 2nd May 2012
at the Rio Summit on Service Innovation in Cities.

We look forward to seeing your submission.

Please don’t hesitate to contact me with any further questions,

Miguel Carvalho

About the Living Labs Global Award 2012:

Living Labs Global, a non-profit association promoting innovative
solutions in cities around the world, is organising the 2012 edition
of the Living Labs Global Award in cooperation with the Cities of
Barcelona, Birmingham, Caceres, Cape Town, Coventry,
Derry~Londonderry, Eindhoven, Fukuoka, Glasgow, Guadalajara, Hamburg,
Lagos, Lavasa, Kristiansand, Mexico City, Rio de Janeiro, San
Francisco, Sant Cugat, Santiago de Chile and Terrassa, to choose the
companies and organizations that have developed solutions that add
high value to users in cities around the world.

Living Labs Global

T: +34 93 1855110
www.livinglabs-global.com
Awards 2012: www.llga.org
Twitter: @LivingLabsGeo
Facebook: www.facebook.com/LLGA2012

Living Labs Global
NEW ADDRESS:
Rued Langgaardsvej 7, 5th
2300 Copenhagen s

Denmark
c/ Mallorca 211, 2.1.
08008 Barcelona, Spain

DISCLAIMER:
This communication is confidential and is only intended for the use of
the individual or entity to which it is directed. It may contain
information that is privileged and exempt from disclosure under
applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify
us immediately. You should not copy it or disclose its contents to any
other person.
"""