[OSGeo-Discuss] Re: [Local-chapters] Yikes, we have the fifth OSGeo Anniversary TOMORROW!

Jorge Gaspar Sanz Salinas jsanz at osgeo.org
Thu Feb 3 06:50:37 EST 2011

El 03/02/2011 10:36, Yves Jacolin escribió:
> Hello,
>
> Le jeudi 03 février 2011 10:32:14, Seven (aka Arnulf) a écrit :
>> [..]
>>
>> Join the party?
> yes!
>
>> Local Chaps,
>> this is a great opportunity to have a news item and maybe some thoughts
>> of your own role in your local chapter lists and web sites too.
> I have some idea but it still too soon yet.
> * share issue and orgnisation schema (I am pretty sure that there are different
> choice for the organisation of a LC)
> * share xp on a wiki page (Tyler draft) about how create a LC and organize it
>
>> Best regards,
>> Arnulf
>>
>> PS:
>> Sorry for almost forgetting this but I would forget my own birthday if
>> folks wouldn't remind me to have a party each year. So we should make
>> this a recurring event.
> same problem :)
>
> Y.

Ok as Tyler is apparently very busy I'll post here some ideas (without
of course any time to implement some)

* Something like the "blue yourself for Drupal 7" campaign[1], asking
people to give some greenish to their avatars in social networks.

* A metapixel[2] image. The idea is to gather as much OSGeo related
images (from FOSS4G and more) and create a (really) big metapixel image
from the OSGeo banner and release it using OpenLayers to navigate to it.
That is to say: you see when you enter the OSGeo logo and lemma and when
you zoom in you can see the community in many different photographs

* Somthing like the Japan LC crazy video[3] with people telling a
"FOSS4G" but asking people from all committees and projects to record
themselves and send the video to produce a video joining all of them.

* Contest for a logo refactoring for the anniversary and then add the
winner to the OSGeo Store t-shirt/etc designs

[1] http://d7blue.me/
[2] https://www.complang.tuwien.ac.at/schani/metapixel/
[3] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-TaOuqm26k

--