[OSGeo-Discuss] Any high performance (linux-)OSGeo workstation to rent?

Nikos Alexandris nik at nikosalexandris.net
Thu Jan 6 10:11:36 EST 2011

Greetings to the list.

I need to process a few data.frames() in R [1] (18.000 observations, 6
variables and some grouping factors) using the mrpp() function [2] implemented
in the R-package vegan [3]. I just posted something short about it on grass-
stats [4].

It is a heavy process for my home machine and I need to get it done ASAP. The
question related to the list is:

does out there exist an on-line service providing access to high performance
OSGeo, preferably linux-based, workstation(s)/cluster(s)? Something to rent
and use for a short period of time?

I imagine for example to get an ssh account, establish a connection, upload
the data of interest, do the process, save and download the results and,
finally, pay for the time?

Thank you for your attention and apologies if the post does not fit in to the
list's topics.

Nikos

---
[1] <http://www.r-project.org/>