[OSGeo-Discuss] GDAL ISSUE

Chaitanya kumar CH chaitanya.ch at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 02:54:19 EDT 2011

Ajendra,

Some error messages could have helped a lot.

To successfully use the gdal utilities you need to have the env variables
LD_LIBRARY_PATH and GDAL_DATA to the directories with libgdal.so and the
csv/wkt data files respectively.

To use the python bindings, PYTHONPATH should be set to the gdal bindings
directory or the relevant egg file. The directory should contain the osgeo
directory.

On Tue, Jul 26, 2011 at 11:33 AM, Ajendra Dubey <dba.ajendra at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am Ajendra Dubey, I installed GDAL-1.8.1 rpm file in OpenSUSE but none of
> the gdal functionality working in it. I installed python-1.6 with numpy and
> gdal binding also.
> Can you help me how to use GDAL and please tell me if there any need to
> setting environment for python and gdal, if environment setting is necessary
> can you please tell me how to set it.
>         Hope you will reply me with the solution as soon as possible.
>
> Thanks & Regards
>
> Ajendra Dubey

Best regards,
Chaitanya kumar CH.