[OSGeo-Discuss] Are there proposed ways to raise funds for OSGeo projects?

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Fri Jun 3 09:17:31 EDT 2011

Il 03/06/2011 13:40, Markus Neteler ha scritto:

> A relevant group are the institutional sponsors (companies, agencies and
> so on). To better address the small donations I once started
>   http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Microdonations
> which is based on ideas from Paolo Cavallini. Recently it has been picked
> up again.
>
> Several OSGeo projects have their own donation page (see above WIki
> page) but for sure more could be done.

Yes; it would be great to have a joint effort (we all have limited time to deal with
these issues); a few years ago I asked OSGeo, but the foundation did not seem
interested in this (and taking 25% from donations did not make it an attractive
option, honestly).
I would be interested in exploting any option.
All the best.