[OSGeo-Discuss] Raw survey data results

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) tmitchell at osgeo.org
Sun Jun 5 02:17:42 EDT 2011

Thank you very much to the 160+ participants in the survey I posted last month.  The goal wasn't to just gather information for myself, but was to see if there were any patterns of common thought across the community of respondents.      Then we can work toward some of those goals together without wondering if anyone else cares :)

I'm the first to admit the questions were far from perfect (and I hadn't meant to force/require answers to everything) but I still think the results may help encourage those who are thinking of new ideas or next steps for OSGeo.  Rather than wait for me to continue to summarise the results, I thought some of you might like to play with the raw data: :)

http://bit.ly/surveyresultsraw

Interested in other survey questions/ideas?  I'll be glad to run other ones to gather more ideas.  I plan to use some to help drill deeper on some of the items.
Hey if anyone reading is a survey or stats guru interested in regularly polling the community, I'd love to work together.

Hope it's interesting!
Tyler

Tyler Mitchell
Executive Director, OSGeo