[OSGeo-Discuss] Training and certification

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Fri Jun 10 04:23:13 EDT 2011

Il 10/06/2011 09:18, Tyler Mitchell ha scritto:
> Stepping back, I wonder if maybe the high response on this survey question more
> reflects an innate need that some feel is not being currently met.  That is, how
> wide really is the grasp of current trainers to meet the global demand?

IMHO, the requests of a certification were meant:
- for users, who would like to have their certificate stamped with the "OSGeo
certified" logo
- for teachers, who think they can sell better a "certified" course, and have less
competition from newcomers.
In both cases, I agree with Cameron: not sure people is ready to pay more for this -
probably it's just a "nice to have" feature.
All the best.