[OSGeo-Edu] Re: [OSGeo-Discuss] Training and certification

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Sun Jun 12 04:50:34 EDT 2011

Interaction with other committees is separate to the the incubation process currently.

I like the idea of the straight up reward system:
- participation (provision of quick start etc gets you included on the live dvd)
- provision of course materials perhaps could allow projects to participate in education initiatives

The incubation process is already a MASSIVE ask. Just because it is one that has had some success please do not look at it as an opportunity to ask more from participating projects.

As an example: "incubation" took GeoTools years to accomplish - and is taking many other projects years as well. Please don't add more work to a process already so slow is is ineffective.

Is there any way to start these conversations off in the other direct? That is how can the live dvd project bring assistance to bear; or the education committee bring volunteers together to write course materials?

Remember that these projects have one (and only one primary objective): bringing code together into releasable form :-)

--
Jody Garnett