[OSGeo-Discuss] Open "StreamMap"?

=?ISO-8859-2?Q?Geostudio_Rafa=B3_Wa?=wer geostudio at geostudio.pl
Wed Jun 1 04:31:15 PDT 2011

Hi Charlie,
Your idea of user generated content on streams and biodiversity is I guess a
bit similar to the ideas behind "artsdatabank" service In Norway
http://artskart.artsdatabanken.no/FaneKart.aspx .

I think the best thing to do is to sctrucure your idea and needs into use case
scenarios, which should give an overview on required data, software components
and UI, finally giving an UML model of the desired system. \

So first thing to thin about is: who, how and for what purpose shall use the
Open Stream Map? Use your imagination (-:

If you wish I can send you some examples of use cases targeting data and
services.

Best regards:
Raf

DR. Rafal Wawer
The Department of Soil Science Erosion Control and Land Protection
The Institute of Soil Science and Plant Cultivation - State Research institute
ul. Czartoryskich 8
24-100 Puławy
Poland

mobile: +48601516434
web: www.erozja.iung.pulawy.pl

On Sun, 29 May 2011 08:11:47 -0400, Charles Schweik wrote