[OSGeo-Discuss] Are there proposed ways to raise funds for OSGeoprojects?

Paul Ramsey pramsey at opengeo.org
Sat Jun 4 14:26:06 PDT 2011

I've done collaborative funding projects by hand a couple times (and
am doing one now: if you are interested in faster PostGIS indexes and
have $5000+ to contribute, contact me) but have been repeatedly
surprised at the lack of infrastructure. Kickstarter is for artists.
I've seen some attempts at collaborative open source funding sites
come and go: are we all just too cheap for this to work?

P.