[OSGeo-Discuss] Media Sponsorship

Tyler Mitchell tmitchell at osgeo.org
Thu Jun 9 13:35:23 PDT 2011

Hi everybody, I've been working on an idea to start a Media Sponsorship opportunity for OSGeo.  We already do this same idea for FOSS4G each year, so why not try it for the organisation in general?

I already know of a few media companies that would be interested in:
* providing $x worth of advertising for OSGeo
* in exchange for being listed as a Media Sponsor

This is also a great way to keep communication open so, for example, OSGeo members can write articles for these companies, we can get our press releases easily, we can have our logo front and centre, etc.

Note, I'm not proposing an in-kind sponsorship position, but one with real $ values tied to the arrangement (likely $10k spread over a year).

Putting the idea out there - what do you think?  Thumbs up or down?  Think of any ways to make it more enticing?

Tyler