[OSGeo-Discuss] Advice - alternative to google maps v3 Javascript API????

Arnie Shore shoreas at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 02:57:05 PDT 2011

The GMaps TOU expressly forbids vehicle-tracking, although tracking of
individuals is encouraged.  That individuals are one-for-one with vehicles
clouds that requirement, but nonetheless the language holds.  Go figger!

I expect that the terms address the fact that others own the basic imagery,
who sell usage rights to commercial applications, and whose market wants to
be maintained.

OSM/OL is the way to go, IMO, for any free/open-source application.  That's
what I'm doing with Tickets, our Computer-Aided-Dispatch application.  (
www.ticketscad.org)

AS