[OSGeo-Discuss] Re: Advice - alternative to google maps v3 Javascript API????

quade mark at websolving.co.uk
Wed Jun 29 02:53:06 PDT 2011

Thank you ALL for your suggestions, I'm so pleased with all the feedback
I've learnt more in the last day than the last 3 weeks!

I'm developing an asp.net ajax application, but will look on opengts.org for
ideas and code samples

I'm very interested in the following
geoext.org
sharpmap.codeplex.com
dotspatial.codeplex.com
OpenstreetMaps

Are there any other free alternatives to OSM, or is this the best? (bing
doesn't do a good job of east africa)
If you were doing this project, would you use geoext.org? or sharpmap or
dotspatial? (or can I use them all together?)

I'm due to already have started this, so would appreciate the input to help
me fast track
Thanks again!
Mark