[OSGeo-Discuss] open-source project site construction

Alex Borrell borrellalex at gmail.com
Fri Mar 4 12:07:00 EST 2011

Hello Robert,

I'm not sure if this will help, but I've been using OSGeo live dvd to start
a production server.
I'm doing it under Linux (Ubuntu), mainly for it multiuser, multitasking
features (a server:))
Itś not a large project, but after configuring it, I've managed shared
resources, users and
groups, permissions, and even remote applications and desktops. It lets you
use any kind
of computer (even old ones as graphic terminals), and OS (Windows, MacOS,
probably
Android).

You can throw every aplication available, and use it in a multiuser
environment! All this is
standard Linux practice, but applied to GIS.

The options are huge. Hope it helps.

Alex Borrell,
Guadalajara, MX