[OSGeo-Discuss] OSGeo Jobs list

Jeroen Ticheler jeroen.ticheler at geocat.net
Fri Mar 4 06:15:04 PST 2011

Hi!

Maybe a good opportunity to discuss this :-) Traffic on the OSGeo Discuss list is not very high these days, but it has by far the largest number of subscribers. When posting a job opportunity you want to have a large crowd reading it.

Maybe we should reconsider if it is indeed a problem for the community to receive job postings on the discuss list or not?

I personally don't have problems with jobs posted on the discuss list. I also think that people will immediately respond when someone abuses the list for inappropriate posts, so there will be a community moderation effect also. (I can't immediately think of inappropriate postings for jobs).

Greetings,
Jeroen