[OSGeo-Discuss] Metadata Server applications?

Kralidis,Tom [Ontario] Tom.Kralidis at ec.gc.ca
Fri Mar 4 08:33:30 PST 2011

Ken: you could use OGC CSW for discovery, which allows for
spatial/aspatial search and present functionality,   assuming you have
some sort of standardized metadata (ISO, Dublin Core, etc.).  Sounds
like you need to connect and expose existing metadata to a search
server.

As for implementations, you also can check out deegree
(http://www.deegree.org/) and eXcat
(http://gdsc.nlr.nl/gdsc/en/tools/excat).

As well, pycsw (http://pycsw.org/) is a new project which covers OGC
CSW.