[OSGeo-Discuss] CommonMap in Canada

Dan Putler dan.putler at sauder.ubc.ca
Mon Mar 14 15:14:38 PDT 2011

Hi Tony,

Very unlikely. Statistics Canada releases some data for free, but not
data from the Census of Population. Moreover, a postal code is typically
at a finer level (often for one side of a street in a single block) than
a Designation Area (the lowest level for which they report data). They
do produce data at the FSA (forward sortation area) level, which are the
first three characters of a Canadian postal code. As a result, you could
get this data, but most likely not for free.

Dan