[OSGeo-Discuss] Best software for making TMS tiles

Me (Gmail) aj.ashton at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 09:27:38 PDT 2011

On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 12:41 AM, Peter <webwiz at pl.net> wrote:
> I havent been able to figure out how to turn a QGIS map into tiles. The
> reason i want to do this is because our hardware isnt capable fo running a
> wms (low ram, hdd), but with a bit of hodge and podge we can host the TMS
> tiles using S3.

I would recommend compiling a newer version of Mapnik (probably the
0.7.1 release or a 0.7.2-dev checkout from Subversion) and a using
seeding script. TileCache's `tilecache_seed.py` works for this, though
modifications were required to seed to TMS properly. You can see the
necessary changes at https://github.com/ajashton/TileCache

--
AJ Ashton