[OSGeo-Discuss] Correct List for Newcomers

Fawcett, David (MPCA) david.fawcett at state.mn.us
Wed Mar 30 09:19:36 PDT 2011

I don't know if 1:10,000,000 is a large enough scale for you, but if it is, you might want to look at Natural Earth.  Public Domain

http://www.naturalearthdata.com/

You could also look at OpenStreetMap data.  www.openstreetmap.org  Most of the coastline data was imported from the Prototype Global Shoreline dataset  http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Prototype_Global_Shoreline.  This data has been improved in some areas.

David.