[OSGeo-Discuss] Another chart: Funding ideas

Tyler Mitchell tmitchell at osgeo.org
Thu May 12 16:12:37 PDT 2011

Read online: http://bit.ly/osgeosurvey3
---
On the survey (you can still vote! http://bit.ly/osgeosurvey) I listed several potential ways that I've heard others suggest for raising some funding. I admit some are controversial or lack a bit of meat on their bones - but I still found the answers interesting.

See graph: http://bit.ly/osgeosurvey3

The goal was to collect your thoughts and hopefully brainstorm some even better ideas! I'll touch on the "better ideas", that some shared in the survey, at another time - there were definitely some folks thinking about alternatives.

Clearly training/certification programs were a popular idea along with events. Speaking of events - register early for FOSS4G workshops - they usually sell out!  http://2011.foss4g.org/program/