[OSGeo-Discuss] Open "StreamMap"?

Ari Jolma ari.jolma at gmail.com
Fri May 27 23:02:55 PDT 2011

Charlie,

There are existing global databases of surface water boundaries, water
quality, DEMs, etc. In some cases more than one. Those could be one
starting point - license permitting. The other would of course be OSM
itself, which already contains surface water features. Adding a
possibility for all to add data like temperature, water level, water
quality etc. would be interesting. I've seen such attempts, as far as I
remember they have used Google maps or Bing maps. In fact, Microsoft may
have been more active in this particular area.

Ari