[OSGeo-Discuss] Please give us your feedback on OSGeo-Live DVDs and USBs at FOSS4G

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Sun Sep 18 21:04:09 EDT 2011

As we were approaching this year's OSGeo-Live release, we were finding
it hard to work out whether the previous release of USBs were considered
worthwhile or not.

So as you get back from FOSS4G, can you please share some of your
OSGeo-Live stories. You might want to mention some of the following:
* Who has tried the DVD/USB? (Developers? Users? Managers? Others in the
office?)
* What experiences have you had? Did things work? Anything easy or hard
to understand?
* Did you try the DVD or USB?
* Did you try in a VM, fast/slow desktop/laptop with lots/little RAM?

--
Cameron Shorter
Geospatial Solutions Manager

Think Globally, Fix Locally