[OSGeo-Discuss] Projects Mailing List

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Sep 22 15:48:39 EDT 2011

On Thu, Sep 22, 2011 at 12:45 PM, George R. C. Silva
<georger.silva at gmail.com> wrote:
> Em quinta-feira, 22 de setembro de 2011 16:42:41, Sunburned Surveyor
> escreveu:
>>
>> What would you guys think about a mailing list for software project
>> points-of-contact? Jody Garnett mentioned it to me yesterday, and I
>> think it is a good idea. He suggested projects at osgeo.org.
>>
>> Yesterday I had to copy and paste all the software project contact
>> e-mail addresses from the wiki. This was not fun.

Landon,

I'd suggest a regular mailman list (projects at lists.osgeo.org)
and then people can self manage their membership easily.

> There are big requirements by OSGeo for administrative software in all terms
> I guess. Perhaps we could develop something "in-house"?
>
> I think we could build a simple Django app that we could grow organically
> here. List of projects, details about them, points of contact, members?

Hmm, for most purposes the wiki is working ok for me!

I'm not keen on more complication except where needed.

Best regards,