[OSGeo-Discuss] Defining an OSGeo Ambassador role

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Sat Apr 21 06:28:56 EDT 2012

> - in some cases, the Board might decide that it is important enough to have an Ambassador at an event that the Foundation would cover travel expenses

I think it would be nice to put the shoe on the other foot - if the event decides it is important to have OSGeo at the event they could cover expenses :)

More seriously the board will have more luck arranging an invite if an OSGeo representative is acting in an official capacity.

I would hope that our charter members (who have been through a public nomination process in part for their involvement) are already acting in the capacity of "Ambassador" for OSGeo.

Jody