[OSGeo-Discuss] Defining an OSGeo Ambassador role

Puneet Kishor punk.kish at gmail.com
Sat Apr 21 09:25:16 EDT 2012

On Apr 21, 2012, at 5:47 AM, Stefano Costa <steko at iosa.it> wrote:

> Il 21/04/2012 12:28, Jody Garnett ha scritto:
>>
>> I would hope that our charter members (who have been through a public
>> nomination process in part for their involvement) are already acting in
>> the capacity of "Ambassador" for OSGeo.

Some (ahem), if not most, and hopefully all, already do that.

> I totally agree on this point. The fact that charter members only official role is to nominate new charter members and the Board is IMHO a weakness. Their role as OSGeo champions (and "Ambassadors" if there's consensus on that) should be emphasised.

Absolutely. Leverage the existing organization instead of creating year another layer of complication. In fact, everyone who uses OSGeo software is, can, and should act as an ambassador of the OSGeo way of doing things spatial.

--
Puneet Kishor http://punkish.org
science http://earth-base.org