[OSGeo-Discuss] Defining an OSGeo Ambassador role

Michael P. Gerlek mpg at flaxen.com
Thu Apr 19 15:14:42 PDT 2012

Cameron, thanks for bringing this up for discussion.

A couple things to note:

- in some cases, the Board might decide that it is important enough to have an Ambassador at an event that the Foundation would cover travel expenses

- it is unlikely that the Foundation would be able to cover the costs of the Ambassador's time, however; aside from the expense involved and trying to determine a fair uniform hourly rate, I could see that turn into a fight for who gets to go; but on the other hand, a nominal fee might help enable some of us who are self-employed or similar to fill the ambassador role

- some events/functions might require the Ambassador be a Board member as well (as in the case of the email of mine which Cameron quotes)

-mpg