[OSGeo-Discuss] Defining an OSGeo Ambassador role

Stefano Costa steko at iosa.it
Sat Apr 21 03:47:37 PDT 2012

Il 21/04/2012 12:28, Jody Garnett ha scritto:

> I would hope that our charter members (who have been through a public
> nomination process in part for their involvement) are already acting in
> the capacity of "Ambassador" for OSGeo.

I totally agree on this point. The fact that charter members only
official role is to nominate new charter members and the Board is IMHO a
weakness. Their role as OSGeo champions (and "Ambassadors" if there's
consensus on that) should be emphasised. Quick ideas:

- personal pages on osgeo.org (osgeo.org/members/johndoe)
- @osgeo.org e-mail address (even an alias is fine) to be used as their
primary address
- interviews on the main blog
- a track record of their public activity wrt OSGeo promotion, software
development, management, documentation and what else

In this way the charter members could gain a higher visibility in the
wider geospatial community and be recognised as official representatives.

Ciao
steko

BTW is there any process in place to "remove" charter members if they
become inactive, move to another planet or are deemed unfit for the
purpose by the community?