[OSGeo-Discuss] Fwd: Re: Board Nomination: Hirofumi Hayashi

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Mon Aug 13 05:58:11 PDT 2012

(forwarding response from Hayashi-san)

Dear All,

Sorry for the delay in my response.

I feel honored to be nominated to the OSGeo Board.
I have been a part of the very active Japanese
community in promoting FOSS4G since the inception
of OSGeo in 2006. I am grateful to Venkatesh Raghavan
and Toru Mori for introducing me to the FOSS4G world.
Through my participation in OSGeo related activities
I have had the immense pleasure of getting to know
the global OSGeo community and its amazing role in
fostering high quality geospatial software. As exemplified
by the FOSS4G conferences, the main strength of OSGeo
lies in a its broad based nature rather than a hierarchical
approach. I particularly look forward to working with
this young and vibrant community and do my best for
further strengthening OSGeo.

I would like to encourage and bring-in new software projects
such as ZOO-Project, goGPS-Project, pgRouting etc. into the
OSGeo realm.

I would like to particularly focus of building strong tie-ups
with OSGeo communities in Asia and contribute to adoption of
FOSS4G in Asia region.

Best regards

Hirofumi Hayashi