[OSGeo-Discuss] Geo-location audio/media guide

Hendrik TEN BERGE htenberge at aol.com
Tue Aug 7 03:14:48 PDT 2012

Hi,
There is a large forest near to our little village in the eastern part
of France, were people often take out for a walk.
Thanks to a network of footpaths it is possible to discover many
interesting things (history, flora, fauna, ...). In order to promote
this, we would like to equip visitors with an audio/video guide (we
think of a custom made GPS application installed on a (very) basic
tablet pc) that, related to specific spots in the forest, provides
information during the walk. We hope that some of you can tell us (or
help us) what kind of solutions we should look for (hardware, software,
a.s.o..)?
Best regards from France!