[OSGeo-Discuss] ESRI getting more serious about open source?

Ned Horning nedh at lightlink.com
Wed Aug 29 18:23:27 PDT 2012

Hi - A colleague on the Society for Sonservation GIS list shared a link
to this blog "Esri and Open Source Software: More Please" at
http://blogs.esri.com/esri/arcgis/2012/08/27/esri-and-open-source-software-more-please/

I'm not sure what to think about it but on the surface it seems like a
good thing. Is OSGeo involved with this initiative in any way? If not is
there any interest in having OSGeo play an active role in the opening of
ESRI code? I'm curious what other folks think of this.

Ned