[OSGeo-Discuss] OSGeo Journal Volume 11 (2011 Annual Report) Published

Landon Blake sunburned.surveyor at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 07:04:21 PST 2012

I'm pleased to announce the release of the OSGeo Journal Volume 11.
This is the 2011 Annual Report for our organization.

I would like to thank Scott Mitchell for his work on the News article,
and all the chapters and software projects that contributed report
items. I also need to give a HUGE thank you to Eli Adam, who put in
many hours of review and copy editing on this volume. With all of his
help, this volume, and future volumes will be much improved.

For the time being, you can download Volume 11 from this folder of the SVN:
http://svn.osgeo.org/osgeo/journal/volume_11/en-us/master_pdf/

The file is 14 MB, so it takes a minute to download.

I'm also in the process of trying to post each of the articles on the
Journal blog:
http://geojournaleditor.com/category/volume-11/

Here is the table of contents for Volume 11:

- Editorial
- Volunteer Recognition
- News
- degree Software Project Annual Report
- GeoMoose Software Project Annual Report
- GRASS Software Project Annual Report
- QGIS Software Project Annual Report
- California Chapter Annual Report
- Francophone Chapter Annual Report
- Greek Chapter Annual Report
- Italian Chapter Annual Report
- Korean Chapter Annual Report
- PDX Chapter Annual Report
- United Kingdom Chapter Annual REport
- Project Spotlight: pycsw
- Interview: Anita Graser
- Case Study: Applying OpenJUMP to the Management of Sanitary Sewer Networks
- Topical Article: Sharing GIS Data Models
- Topical Article: The SurveyOS Project: Getting Started With Simple Waypoints
- Editor's Footnote: Do We Need A Journal?

Enjoy.

Landon