[OSGeo-Discuss] OSGeo track at Geospatial World Forum Rotterdam 16th of may 2013

Paul van Genuchten paul.vangenuchten at geocat.net
Sat Dec 1 12:50:10 PST 2012

Hi list, 13-16th of may 2013 the GeoSpatial World Forum is organized in
Rotterdam (Netherlands). Similar as last year an OSGeo track will be
available as part of the conference. This year it will be a full day
track on the 16th of may. GeoCat and OSGeo.nl have offered to take the
lead in setting up a program for the track. In this email we inquire if
you:
- had plans to visit the conference, and if so, would be interested to
fill a slot in the track
- no plans to visit (yet), but would be interested to fill a slot
- might want to suggest some names/organisations we can ask to fill slots
- have any comments on OSGeo presence on such an event and how this is
(or should be) managed

The Geospatial World Forum is a global geospatial event focussing on business. It's welcoming some 1500 delegates. This years theme is "Monetising geospatial value and practices".
You can visit their website at geospatialworldforum.org. Last year we had a succesfull OSGeo track organised by OSGeo.nl's Just vd Broecke
(http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/File:The_DreamTeam_GWF_2012_v2.jpg). The room was small, so a lot of seats where taken there from other rooms.
We expect last year's success will be prolonged (but twice as long and in a bigger room, up to 80).

For the track we're looking for OSGeo advocates showing how usecases of open source geospatial software implementations or developments add value to customers,
implementers, business and/or the wider community. If interested, send us your personal/organisation details and your ideas on how to fill a half-hour slot at the OSGeo track of #GWF2013.
The abstracts will be reviewed by OSGeo.nl, submitters will be notified before the end of january.

We hope to see a lot of you in may 2013,
Bye Paul van Genuchten, Jeroen Ticheler