[OSGeo-Discuss] Is Your Project In OSGeo Labs?

Ari Jolma ari.jolma at gmail.com
Sat Dec 8 01:41:17 PST 2012

Landon, others,

A comment on the name "OSGeo Labs". I just did a Google search with it
and it brings up also the university laboratories that have been set up
under the auspices of the ICA - OSGeo MoU. Thus it seems to mean two
things, and it might be confusing - for example the Slashgeo.org tag
"OSGeo Labs" is used for the university labs.

The software stewardship (or how would you call it) is managed by the
incubation committee and the university laboratory network is managed
by, hm, the Board (no, it's not managed by the education committee as
one would guess). This might be just a naming issue but I think it is
worth noting. But I also think that there could and probably should be
collaboration between these two initiatives.

Regards,

Ari

(*) http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGeo_Labs