[OSGeo-Discuss] Re: FOSS4G South America

George Silva georger.silva at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 11:31:29 PST 2012

Last year there was some buzz that the FOSS4G would be hosted here in
Brazil, but no one (or just a few people) wanted to help organizing the
event.

It would be great to have an event here in Latin America, but for what I
can see OSGeo in Brazil is mostly used as a "advertising" strategy (for
some, at least), so we have little traction.

Perhaps the folks that hosted other FOSS4G events could share a bit of the
experience that was. All of the work involved, the steps, etc. That would
help a lot of people and even make a few interested.

Hoping to see a latin america FOSS4G,

George

On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 4:20 PM, slesage <slesage at geo.gob.bo> wrote:

> That's true that some members wrote us with that same subject. We are very
> interested here in Bolivia, and it would be great to accord on a way to
> coordinate and discuss. A mailing list ? A wiki page ? What would you
> propose ?
>
> Sylvain
>
> El 2012-02-13 13:20, Arnulf Christl escribió:
>
>> Hi Conference Committee,
>> there are several mails related to having a FOSS4G in South America.
>> Mabye we can keep an eye on this and support them from OSGeo.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Arnulf
>>
>> On 02/13/2012 05:24 AM, slesage wrote:
>>
>>> I hope we will succeed in having a close collaboration between
>>> GeoBolivia and the OSGeo community in some way, this is very important
>>> for us. And like you say, we are very enthusiastic in seeing and
>>> contribute to a regional FOSS4G!

George R. C. Silva

Desenvolvimento em GIS
http://geoprocessamento.net