[OSGeo-Discuss] Student funding available for OSGeo codesprint next month!

Michael P. Gerlek mpg at flaxen.com
Tue Jan 3 14:48:26 EST 2012

** Please forward this email to any students or others who might be interested. **

Through the generosity of our sponsors -- especially our gold-level sponsor Mobile Geographics -- we have funding available for a qualified student (or currently unemployed programmer) to come to Seattle for next month's codesprint.

To apply for the funding, send email to mpg at flaxen.com with a short (250 words max) statement explaining what open source projects you have contributed to and why you want to come to the sprint.  Extra credit if you can get someone else from the OSGeo community to recommend you to me.

The amount of funding available will cover at least the registration fee (lodging/meals), and possibly some travel expenses as well.  (Please include in your email where you would be travelling from.)

http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/IslandWood_Code_Sprint_2012

-mpg