[OSGeo-Discuss] Mapping Tools for Real Estate Parcels

Arnie Shore shoreas at gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 11:37:54 EST 2012

Hello all.  We have a need for mapping a few hundred parcels, and I
expect that will mean walking the property boundaries with  GPS device
in order to pick up corner coordinates, for subsequent entry into a
database.

Nothing at all unusual, I'm sure.

I'm OK with taking the point data for presentation, but I wonder if
anyone here can speak (actually, type!) to experiences with the
initial point data capture step; devices, etc, with recommendations.

AS