[OSGeo-Discuss] Atmospheric Corrections

Johan Oldekop j.oldekop at gmx.net
Fri Jan 27 12:13:23 EST 2012

Hi All,

Currently trying to do some atmospheric corrections on some Landsat 7 and ASTER images to compare forest cover over two time points. I am thinking of using the GRASS i.atcorr function, which seems relatively straight forward. Unfortunately I do not have the the visibility [km] for the scenes. Is there a way of calculating these from the images? Are there any tables that one can look up, which contain approximate visibility ranges for "very hazy", "moderately hazy" or "low hazy" conditions? Or simply, is there a better, and easier way of doing these corrections?

I would welcome any ideas or suggestions that people might have,

Best

Johan

--------------------------

Dr. Johan Oldekop