[OSGeo-Discuss] FOSS4G 2012 Cancel Request

OSGeo China foss4g2012 at lreis.ac.cn
Tue Jul 10 02:25:43 PDT 2012

Dear OSGeo Board,

With great regret, the FOSS4G Beijing Local Organizing Committee (LOC) has made the difficult decision of cancelling the event due to a lack of financial resources and the unexpected withdrawal of the Professional Conference Organizer.  Please officially approve our decision and advise any procedures we may need to follow to minimize the impact on the community.

We also wrote letter for FOSS4G Beijing 2012 potential participants, we will publish this announcement on the foss4g2012 website and e-mail them after we get feedback from Board.

**************************************
Dear Participants of FOSS4G Beijing 2012,

With great regret, the FOSS4G Beijing Local Organizing Committee (LOC) has
made the difficult decision of cancelling the event due to a lack of
financial resources and the unexpected withdrawal of the Professional
Conference Organizer. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this has
caused.

For those interested in FOSS4G events, the LOC suggests consider:

 *  FOSS4G 2013, to be held in Nottingham, United Kingdom, 2013

 *  The Asian Geospatial Forum, September 2012, Hanoi, Vietnam, which will

have an OSGeo session. http://www.asiageospatialforum.org/

Thank you for your patience and support!

Best regards,

FOSS4G Beijing 2012 LOC

Best regards,

FOSS4G Beijing 2012 LOC