[OSGeo-Discuss] Board Nomination: Jeff McKenna

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Tue Jul 24 13:54:02 PDT 2012

Hi Cameron,

I don't mind a public response.

I feel the OSGeo Conference Committee is very important.  I would enjoy
taking an active role in it again.  I feel it should be revived as soon
as possible.

I don't exactly know the correct process to name a chair - I am
interested in being the chair, but we need to make sure we follow
correct process.  I'll ping the conference list to discuss all of that.

Regarding the OSGeo-Advocate page (I will speak freely, I hope that is
ok): one point that always hits my brain as I click on that page, is,
how do you decide the ordering of countries on that page?  Is there
logic used?  Otherwise, my brain wants an alphabetical listing (or a
note above that explains the ordering); it seems to me to be very
unorganized.   I hope you don't take offense to that comment (I just
don't want to start editing the wiki and stepping on toes, which, I have
a habit of doing too often).

Indeed it is impressive seeing all the great names on that page, such
talented people!

Talk soon,

-jeff