[OSGeo-Discuss] Board Nomination: Jeff McKenna

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 14:14:33 PDT 2012

On 25/07/12 06:54, Jeff McKenna wrote:
> Regarding the OSGeo-Advocate page (I will speak freely, I hope that is
> ok): one point that always hits my brain as I click on that page, is,
> how do you decide the ordering of countries on that page?  Is there
> logic used?  Otherwise, my brain wants an alphabetical listing (or a
> note above that explains the ordering); it seems to me to be very
> unorganized.   I hope you don't take offense to that comment (I just
> don't want to start editing the wiki and stepping on toes, which, I have
> a habit of doing too often).

The countries have been ordered roughly in the order that advocates have
added their profiles.
And you will note that we have started grouping countries by regions.
I'm open to discuss how to reorder the page on the marketing email list
if you wish.

> Indeed it is impressive seeing all the great names on that page, such
> talented people!

Yes, indeed. It will be a very valuable marketing tool for OSGeo to be
able to point people at this advocate list and say "This is the team
that you get when you make use of OSGeo Software".  I think we only have
about 1/4 of the people who I'd like to see on the list.
Hoping to see lots of people put in a half hour to get their profile
updated and listed.

--
Cameron Shorter
Geospatial Solutions Manager