[OSGeo-Discuss] [Board] Fwd: Board elections Voting

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Wed Jul 25 06:20:58 PDT 2012

On 12-07-25 10:08 AM, Seven (aka Arnulf) wrote:

> Thanks for the link steko. For this election I suggest we stick
> with what we have though, probably a little late to introduce this.
> But I will add the whole elections topic to the next board meeting
> so that we don't wake up late for the next elections again...

I was just about to respond, as usual Arnulf you beat me to it :)

Even though the IRC logs clearly show that I was in support of that
change in 2010 at the time, I in fact now agree with Ravi, Venka,
Mori-san (wow such strong international voices, we must listen to them
I feel) - if voters want to show their strong support for a person by
giving them all of their votes, then might as well let them.

As a current nominee, the Board has my backing to change this now.

PS. Come on community, let's see those other nominations!

-jeff