[OSGeo-Discuss] Charter Member nominations: supporting, Angelos Tzotsos

Dimitris Kotzinos kotzino at csd.uoc.gr
Fri Jul 6 03:54:08 PDT 2012

Dear all,

this is a note of support of Angelos nomination as a Charter Member for
OSGeo.
I have met Angelos and started working with him rather recently and I
have to say that he is passionate and well versed in the matters of open
source in general and specifically the GI related open source issues.
Angelos is finishing his PhD at the National Technical University of
Athens and is becoming a very active researcher.

As the founder of the OSGeo Greek Chapter, I have to say that I value
his contributions to the local community and that we need more people
like Angelos. Both the chapter and the OSGeo Community in general can
greatly benefit from his involvement.

Since I am not a charter member I cannot support him any other way but
by asking the charter members to consider supporting him - so please do so!

Best regards,

Dimitris Kotzinos

--
Dimitris Kotzinos, Ph.D.