[OSGeo-Discuss] OSGeo meet up in Tokyo

"Toru Mori (森 亮)" moritoru at orkney.co.jp
Thu Jul 19 20:33:44 PDT 2012

Dear OSGeo folks,

Having received the announcement of Beijing conference cancellation, OSGeo Japan Chapter would like to provide a meet up opportunity where OSGeo folks can get together in Tokyo along with State of the Map (SotM) 2012.

We can use the same venue as SotM on 10th Sep., just after SotM for free of charge.
We already booked 4 small rooms (40 persons) and 1 big room (200 persons).
Nothing particular agenda  (presentation, workshop, code sprint, sushi party etc) has not been planned so far.
We don't have extra budget for it, so we cannot pay travel and accommodation cost. Also we don't have enough human resources as other local chapters do. However, we want to have something international meet up in Far East Asia.
All thoughts about the meet up are appreciated.
And, we want to meet not only participants of SotM but also who have planned to visit Beijing.

We want to know how many people show interest in attending our meet up and please tell us what you want to do there.
We will arrange the plan hearing your voice.

BTW, OSGeo Japan will hold FOSS4G Tokyo/Osaka 2012 conference in November. This is annual conference for local audience with only few presentations in English from overseas guests that we are expecting to have at the annual meeting in November.

Best,

Toru Mori
OSGeo Japan Chapter