[OSGeo-Discuss] Board elections Voting

Charles Schweik cschweik at pubpol.umass.edu
Wed Jul 25 09:41:45 PDT 2012

On Wed, Jul 25, 2012 at 10:56 AM, Dimitris Kotzinos <kotzino at csd.uoc.gr> wrote:

> I think we need first to search a bit deeper on what exactly this means,
> e.g. do we prefer someone on the board that is voted by 8 people or someone
> strongly supported by one person with 8 votes? Of course this is an extreme
> case scenario but demonstrates in my view that at least some more
> consideration is needed ...

My wife is an academic who studies and teaches about nonprofit
management and governance issues.
I'm certain there is some literature "out there" on various approaches
to board election voting rules. I'll see if I can find any that
might be informative.

Charlie Schweik

Associate Professor
University of Massachusetts, Amherst

Author, Internet Success: A Study of Open Source Software Commons (MIT
Press, 2012) - see http://tinyurl.com/d3e4545
Outsmart Invasive Species project: http://masswoods.net/outsmart