[OSGeo-Discuss] Board elections Voting

Massimiliano Cannata massimiliano.cannata at supsi.ch
Thu Jul 26 02:31:48 PDT 2012

This is true.... we should avoid a small group of people push one person
into the board..

But.. is also true that we should guarantee a good balance between
different ideas and interests.. this is why in major democracies (like the
US) also other factors are considered in elections: like geographical
representation and weighted balance among different representative of ideas
and/or interests...

For example: EU needs (INSPIRE) vs NA needs or academic needs
vs commercial needs...

I know that is already difficult to find out 5 members with time
and willing to be in the board but maybe we should give a try to increase
the board representativeness...

As a concluding note I want to underline that I do not have anything
against any of the board members, most of whom I know personally and
consider my friends.. this is just my contribution to the discussion...

Regards,

Maxi

On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 1:13 AM, Mateusz Loskot <mateusz at loskot.net> wrote:

> (by the charter member) in the Board election.

> her more than once.
> >
> > Disadvantages:
> > [...]
> > One member, one candidate, one vote.
>
> Amen.
>
> There is no need for anyone to show that she shows that she shows,
> that she prefers one candidate over another.
>
> If anyone feels a need to double or even triple expression of her feelings,
> feel free send the candidate flowers or a box of chocolate, I suppose.
>
> Best regards,

Dr. Eng. Massimiliano Cannata
Responsabile Area Geomatica
Istituto Scienze della Terra
Scuola Universitaria Professionale della Svizzera Italiana
Via Trevano, c.p. 72
CH-6952 Canobbio-Lugano
Tel: +41 (0)58 666 62 14
Fax +41 (0)58 666 62 09