[OSGeo-Discuss] Boad of Director Nomination: Daniel Morissette

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Thu Jul 26 09:00:31 PDT 2012

Thank you very much Arnulf for such a nice nomination. It would be hard
for me to not accept after reading it.  :)

I'd be happy to serve on the board for another term, presumably to
continue the job started as treasurer in the last year (or to help
transition it to someone else if there is a taker), and also and most
importantly to continue to help bridge the gap between the local
chapters communities and "OSGeo Global". The growing number of local
chapters and local events shows how important they are to help spread
the OSGeo vision to local and non-English speaking communities.

I am very happy to see a few nominees from outside North America
already... please keep them coming as I think this is a great sign and
can only help make OSGeo even more international. Some
continents/regions are not represented yet in the list of nominees. It
would be awesome of we had at least one candidate from each
continent/region.

Daniel

--
Daniel Morissette