[OSGeo-Discuss] Charter Member Nomination: Massimiliano Cannata

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Fri Jun 29 06:19:08 PDT 2012

I would like to second this nomination. I first met Max, or Maxi, back
in 2004 at the FOSS4G event in Thailand (actually this was the first
event to use the FOSS4G name); Max has been involved in FOSS4G for a
very long time.  I've also had the pleasure to work closely with him as
he stayed several months in Canada in 2005, where he was working on
floodplain mapping with GRASS and MapServer.  Most recently he was
involved with releasing GeoShield[1], which tackles that important issue
of security for interoperable services.

Max has welcomed me into his beautiful home of Como, Italy, on several
occasions.  I consider him and his colleagues very good friends.

Max's passion and experience make him an excellent representative of OSGeo.

-jeff

[1] https://sites.google.com/site/geoshieldproject/

--
Jeff McKenna